Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Catch Up - Loan Pre Approval

So when we were signing the purchase agreement the sales rep told us that by putting a minimum of  5% down we could avoid mortgage insurance with a conventional 30 year loan. This was a big deal to us because the MI was like $350 a month.    However, a few days later a NVR loan officer contacted me and let me know that if the MI was waived the interest rate would go up from like 3.75% to 4 something.  I was more than a little annoyed by this.  I don't want to assume we were purposely mislead but I did have an uneasy feeling about it.  From that point forward I've had a bad feeling about NVR.  And then when I went online I saw so many bad reviews for NVR, it just confirmed my feelings.  NVR was offering $10K towards closing  but my husband and I decided to go with our bank because we just feel more comfortable working with them. Hopefully it works out for us : )

No comments:

Post a Comment