Monday, July 15, 2013

Quick Update & A Few Pictures

When I went to see to the community back in the begining of June our street looked like this

So my assumption was that when I came back in mid July there would be a road there!

...Not the case.  In fact the street still looks exactly like this. Apparently, it's been raining like everyday so they haven't been able to pave the road which is putting us slightly behind schedule.  Initially we were told construction would start mid to late August.  Now its the begining of September. Hope the ran stops so we can start making some progress.

Other news...I found a picture of our actual kitchen cabinets on another blog.  Ryan just started offering these cabinets and I hadn't seen a picture of them in an actual Ryan home until now. The same blog also had a picture of the exact combination we chose for out bathroom.  I feel much better having seen them now. I like them a lot!



4 comments:

  1. I really like how the cabinet doors cover the entire frame of the cabinet. Before, only the Rushmore butterscotch glaze did this, so you had to select the light cabinets if you wanted all the doors to touch. I also like how you get handles instead of knobs for the hardware.

    In person, the kitchen and bathroom combinations were really nice in this model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking foward to seeing them myself. I did read everyone's comments about the cabinet doors not touching on the lower option cabinets and I'm glad to hear that is not an issue on these. I didn't even notice the difference but once we moved in I probably would have been disappointed.

      I love the handles. The knobs seem a bit old fashion to me.

      Delete
  2. I hope that you still have access to this blog. We are building a Ryan Home and you are the first person we have found that chose the same kitchen cabinets, granite and floors as we did. We love what we see so far. Could we see more pics of your kitchen to get a good idea of what the combination looks like. I will give you my email if you are willing to share. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi-
      I ended up getting a Florence spec house instead of the Mozart so I never got to see how the choices came out in person. There is a townhouse though thats for sale in the Fieldside neighborhood on Blue Crab Lane that has espresso cabinets, Luna pearl cabinets and wood floors. If you google the street some pics of the house come up. Hope this helps!

      Delete